Saturday, August 25, 2007

No promises

Though I'm not always consistent in this habit, I love checking my friends blogs and reading their amusing and insightful summaries of life. As I caught up on my reading tonight, I realized that in a way I was being a poor friend. Am I pursuing genuine friendship and life sharing if I am enjoying the status of standing behind a tinted window. I can see you, but you can't see me. Plus, I thought it would be fun to try my hand at blogging!

I'm a bit intimidated by the endeavor, but as long as you'll accept that I'm making no promises to be a faithful post-er, then I'll give it a shot.

For first comments, I request name suggestions. As most of you know there is little wild about the life of the Becker's, so I don't think this name will work.

5 comments:

katie said...

yeay, welcome to the blog world... i was so intimidated when i started, it was MONTHS before i even told anyone. i still get so stinking insecure about the whole thing at times it's ridiculous! (i think that's why i feel a little comment crazy!)

anyway, this west coast girl is sooo glad to get to see a little more of your life!! no pressure.

Ginny said...

i happen to like becker's gone wild...i think it's fitting.

Laura said...

Welcome! I'm glad we can peak in on your life now. :)

Casey Patton said...

i think the name is funny...
but the apostrophe is incorrect, so i'd loose it.

what about Mama Pajama?

Abby said...

It's dangerous to correct an English teacher's English. The apostrophe is not incorrect, but in fact the appropriate way to pluralize a family name. Those apostrophe's are good for more than just possession!