Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Perfect Weekend

Jon and I have had a perfect weekend. The events of the last three days may not have been what I would describe as the perfect weekend had the questioned been posed. But, as the weekend comes to a close, I can say with confidence it was near perfect. Here's how it went:

Friday night-
Dinner at Nabeel's
. Nabeel's is one of our favorites and we haven't been in quite a while. I love the greek salad with chicken salad and a side order of fried potatoes.
Relaxing at home.


Saturday-
Bagels for Breakfast
. I picked Panera because I love the cinnamon crunch bagel. Panera tried to ruin our perfect weekend by having terrible service. As with everything in this life there is not such thing as true perfection.
Errands, Estate Sales, and Garage Sales.
The best parts of this portion of the weekend were driving with the windows down and the cute red purse I found at an estate sale.
Planting flowers.
A part of the errands mentioned earlier involved buying new plants to replace all the mums I managed to kill. Though I'm not so great with plants, I do love them! Afternoon chat on the front porch. Our friend Amit, my parents, and my brother and sister-in-law all stopped by. We spent hours enjoying the sun on the front porch.
Italian for supper. Manicotti at Giuseppe's.
Time alone. Jon had plans with some guys, which he thoroughly enjoyed. I headed to the store to pick out a magazine. At home I took a shower, put on some soft PJs (a gift from my mother-in-law, Ginny, who shares this love with me), and rounded up my doggies for some snuggling in bed. I waited up for Jon by watching episodes of the Office. We may have finally earned the name of this blog by staying up until after 12:00!

Sunday-
Late morning. I slept until 9:30!
Almuerzo de Enchiladas. We had lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant- Cocina Superior as Brookwood Mall. Their chicken enchiladas are delicious!
New cell phones and Ben and Jerry's. I finally got a new (working) cell phone. Jon also got some Nextel's for work. My patience while he spent about an hour getting these earned me some Ben and Jerry's. Chocolate Therapy- Yum!
Tannehill State Park. Jon and I decided we needed a excursion. He suggested Tannehill, so we headed there to enjoy the beautiful day.
Movies and hotdogs. We're ending the day with movies and a hotdog dinner. Jon's the chef!


1 comment:

susan said...

I didn't know you had a blog. I love your blog.

Susan