Saturday, September 1, 2007

Space Invaders


I've stayed home from a family reunion this weekend to study for my comprehensive exams that I'll take next month. Jon went without me, but I have been far from lonely. You see, I live with three space invaders.

This morning when I sat to begin typing essay outlines, I was immediately joined by Macy, Leroy and Moses. They have no respect for any other object that requires an inch of my lap, so the laptop had to find a new resting place. At one point I got up to get a hair drier and then sat back down on the opposite end of the couch. Though the dogs had returned to their naps after having been shoved from their positions so that I could stand, it took them only a few seconds to realize I had returned to a seated posture. They promptly relocated themselves! I tried the switch again once my hair was dry and I went back to studying, but had the same amount of success as in my previous attempt. At one point, Moses was unable to find a spot on my lap so he climbed up a settled himself around the back of my neck.

Now as I type, Leroy is stretched across my legs which are propped on the coffee table. Macy is nestled up against Leroy in my lap, and Moses is snuggled at my side. Though invasive, they are cute, warm, and fairly quiet company. Click on the picture above to see just how cute they are.